Scroll down for information about how to purchase tickets.
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Tickets for our spring season musical comedy show, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, are now on sale.
There will be six performances over two weekends in April and May 2018. Performances are scheduled for:
- Friday, April 27 at 8:00 PM evening
- Saturday, April 28 at 8:00 PM evening
- Sunday, April 29 at 2:00 PM matinee
- Friday, May 4 at 8:00 PM evening
- Saturday, May 5 – Adult Night at the Bee. Special pricing listed below.
- 8:00 PM Pre-Show Reception. 9:00 PM curtain evening.
- Sunday, May 6 at 2:00 PM matinee
Tickets purchased at the door, with cash or check, for regular performances:
- $25 for adults
- $22 for seniors, students, or children
- $20 each for a group of 8 or more
Tickets purchased in advance online, with credit card, for regular performances:
- $20 for adults
- $17 for seniors, students, or children
- $15 each for a group of 8 or more
The performance on Saturday, May 5, 2018 is Adult Night at the Bee. The contestants are asked to spell naughty words, so only those age 18 years or older may attend. There is a Pre-Show Reception with appetizers starting at 8:00 PM. The show starts at 9:00 PM. There is special pricing for this performance:
- Tickets are $30 each for Adult Night, purchased in advance or at the door.
- One free drink ticket is included for seats purchased in advance online.
- If paid for at the door, no drink ticket is included.
- $25 each for a group of 8 or more
Seating is general admission. There are a limited number of seats available in the hall. Patrons are advised to purchase or reserve seats early. Groups are advised to purchase early to be sure there will be room.
Doors open 30 minutes before show time. The show has two acts, with an intermission.
The cash bar at the venue will be open for all performances of this show, offering alcoholic and soft drinks. Snacks and candy are for sale at all performances, before the show and during intermission.
The venue is the Saugus American Legion Post 210, at 44 Taylor Street, in Saugus, Massachusetts. The upstairs hall is NOT wheelchair accessible. See our Directions page.
Please use any of the following methods to get tickets.
- Purchase tickets now online via credit card by clicking here. Available up to four hours before the performance time. You can use any major credit card. Our ticket vendor TicketStage charges a small additional fee. (When we have a discounted advance-sale ticket price, you will still pay less than at the door.) (When we have Reserved Seating, you get to select your seat location.) (When we have Assigned Seating, we assign patrons to the best available seats in the order in which ticket sales are received.) Print the email confirmation of your purchase and bring it with you.
- Reserve seats by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least four hours before the performance time. State your name, email address, date of performance, and number of seats in the message. Pay for your tickets at the door at least 15 minutes before curtain time, with cash or check (payable to Theatre Company of Saugus). (When we have Reserved or Assigned seating, we will assign you the best available seats.)
- Reserve seats by phoning us at: 781-816-7019, at least four hours before the performance time. Leave a message stating your name, phone number, date of performance, and number of seats. We will call you to confirm your reservation. Pay for your tickets at the door at least 15 minutes before curtain time, with cash or check (payable to Theatre Company of Saugus). (When we have Reserved or Assigned seating, we will assign you the best available seats.)
- Fill out the Ticket Order Form and mail it in with your check, or give it with your check to a company member. We will contact you to confirm your purchase. You may be able to purchase tickets in advance at selected rehearsals or preview events. When you pay with check or cash you can avoid the credit card service fee.
- Purchase tickets at the door; seats are usually available. The box office opens 30 minutes before each performance. We accept cash and checks at the door. We might be able to accept credit cards at the door, but this may not be guaranteed.