Tickets are now on sale for Lion in Winter. Scroll down for important and specific information about the tickets for the show. General ticket policies and how to purchase tickets, in advance or at the door, are at the bottom of this page. When you have read everything, click this link to get to the ticket buying page:
The Lion in Winter
The Theatre Company of Saugus is pleased to announce its hosting of The Psych Drama Company, in their presentation of The Lion in Winter, in June 2022. The Lion in Winter is the classic historical play by James Goldman, about King Henry II of England and his family. For more information about the show, visit our Lion in Winter show page.
Seating is immersive: the audience is seated in the various rooms of the castle, close to the action in a room, but spread out across the castle. General admission; select your seats when you enter the castle.
- Friday 10 June 2022 at 8:00 PM
- Sunday 12 June at 3:00 PM matinee
- Friday 17 June at 8:00 PM [This performance is cancelled. Seats are available for Saturday and Sunday 18-19 June.]
- Saturday 18 June at 8:00 PM
- Sunday 19 June at 3:00 PM matinee
- $25 immersive seating
Advance online sales, using any major credit card, close four hours before the curtain time. If available, seats can be purchased at the door for the same price, using cash, check, Venmo, or PayPal, but no credit cards. Ticket prices are the same for all patrons.
For COVID safety, the audience will be required to always wear masks while inside the building. And all audience members must be fully vaccinated, and boostered if appropriate. Vaccination cards will be checked at the door. The cast will be fully vaccinated and tested prior to the performances.
The bar will be open, offering alcoholic and soft drinks. Snacks and Raffle tickets will be for sale. Masks may be lowered only when actively eating or drinking.
About the Venue
- Saugus American Legion Post 210 / 44 Taylor Street / Saugus, Massachusetts 01906. See our Directions page for how to get there.
- The upstairs performance hall is NOT wheelchair accessible.
- Seating is general admission for most shows, but is reserved for Spring Awakening. There are a limited number of seats available in the hall. Patrons are advised to purchase or reserve seats early. Groups are advised to purchase early to ensure there will be room.
- Doors open 30 minutes before show time listed.
- The hall features a full cash Bar, serving alcoholic and soft drinks. Open for all performances, pre-show and during intermission.
- Snacks and candy are for sale at all performances, pre-show and during intermission.
- Raffle tickets for wonderful prizes are for sale at all performances, pre-show and during intermission.
- Parking is available in the parking lot to the side of the American Legion building and in front of the Roby School building next door. Please do not park in the spaces directly in front of the Legion.
- Street parking is also available at no charge. Please drive carefully in the neighborhood – there are children in the vicinity.
Social distancing is not possible inside the building. COVID safety protocols are being followed by our cast and crew. All will have had a COVID test in advance of the performances and have been masked during all rehearsals. TCS is requiring audience members to be masked and vaccinated for the health of the rest of the audience, the cast and crew, and the members of the American Legion who have served our country and graciously allow us to make their space for TCS.
How to Purchase or Reserve Tickets
- Advance online ticket sales are open up until four hours before the performance time.
- You can use any major credit card.
- Our ticket vendor TicketStage charges a small additional fee.
- Print the email confirmation of your purchase and bring it with you.
- Purchases are not refundable.
- Reserve seats, at least four hours before the performance time,
- by sending an email message to email@example.com,
- or by phoning us at 781-816-7019.
- In your message, state your:
- email address,
- phone number,
- date and time of performance,
- and number of seats you want.
- Pay for your tickets at the door at least 10 minutes before curtain time.
- Purchase tickets at the door.
- Seats are usually available.
- But we sometimes sell out, so you are advised to purchase in advance.
- You can pay for your tickets at the door with:
- check (payable to Theatre Company of Saugus),
- or PayPal.
- We cannot usually accept credit cards at the door.