You can use the Google Map at the top of this page to find these locations, the venues of our performances, and directions on how to get there from wherever you are. To expand the map, click on the broken square icon at the top right corner of the small map. This will open an expanded map window. Click on a location from the list on the left. This opens an information panel on the left about the location. To get directions, click on the diamond-shaped icon at the top right of the panel. This will open another new Google Maps window with the location marked, and a find-directions panel at the left. Type your starting address and choose it.
Auditions, rehearsals, and performances of Steel Magnolias will be at the Saugus American Legion Post 210, at 44 Taylor Street. This is near the corner of Summer Street, one block north of Main Street, close to Saugus Center. Park along the right side of the building, or in the lot to the left at the Robie School / School Administration building, or on the side streets. Enter the building from the Taylor Street front. The upstairs hall is NOT wheelchair accessible.
The Youth Theatre Workshop Summer 2017, and the performances of Honk Jr., were at St. John’s Episcopal Church, on Central Street at the corner of Prospect Street. This is just three blocks north of the monument at Saugus Center, and two blocks south of the Saugus Iron Works, a national historic site. Parking is on any of the nearby side streets. Enter the building from Central Street, using the sidewalk and entry to the left of the main sanctuary doors.
Performances of the musical Urinetown, in April-May 2016, were at Saugus High School, in the Lemoine-Mitchell Performing Arts Center. This is on Pearce Memorial Drive, off of Main Street, just to the east of the Route 1 interchange. Use the large parking lot to the right of the drive. Enter through the main doorways to the left that lead to the auditorium lobby.
Some meetings could be held at the MEG School, at 54 Essex Street, near Cliftondale Square; park in the lot at the MEG school behind it.
There is an MBTA bus from Malden Center Station on the Orange Line, to Saugus Center.
There is an MBTA bus from Haymarket Station in Boston, to our old location at ESUMC.
Here are some driving directions to get to our rehearsal and performance locations:
- From Boston or the south, take the Mystic/Tobin bridge to US Route 1 North.
- From the north, on Route 128 or Interstate 95, take US Route 1 South towards Boston.
- Take the exit for Main Street – Saugus.
- To get to Saugus High School, immediately turn right on Pearce Memorial Drive.
- To get to the American Legion, continue east on Main Street.
- Turn left on Summer Street. (There is a white church on the corner.)
- At the next block, turn right on Taylor Street.
- If you miss the turn at Summer Street, continue to the monument, go three quarters of the way around the rotary, thus making a left onto Central Street. Then turn left on Taylor Street.
- To get to St. John’s Episcopal Church, continue east on Main Street from US Route 1, 3/4 of a mile.
- At the monument, go three quarters of the way around the rotary, thus making the left turn onto Central Street.
- You will pass the Saugus Town Hall on your right and the Library on your left.
- Go three blocks north. St. John’s is on the left.
- To get to the MEG Building from the south, take the exit for Lynn Street – Saugus.
- Go northeast 1 mile on Salem Street.
- At the Cliftondale Square rotary, turn left.
- The MEG building is a few doors down on the left.
- To get to the MEG Building from the north, take the exit for Essex Street – Saugus.
- Go southeast 1 mile on Essex Street.
- The MEG building is on the right a few doors before the Cliftondale Square rotary.