TCS is excited to announce our Special Guest Spellers for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. See how far they get in the Bee. They might have to spell words as easy as “bee” or as complicated as “antidisestablishmentarianism” (though probably not something that difficult…).
Friday, April 27 — 8PM — ALI MAHON
- Drama teacher at Belmonte Middle School in Saugus and youth theatre director at Marblehead Little Theater
Saturday, April 28 — 8PM — “BIG LEAGUE BRIAN”
- Brian Dwyer, stilt walker for the Boston Red Sox
Sunday, April 29 — 2PM — MIKE BROWN
- Member of the Blue Man Group
Friday, May 4 — 8PM — STEVE BOCCELLI
- Property Manager of Central Storage in Saugus and Saugus Chamber of Commerce Member
Saturday, May 5 — 8PM * — DAVID PALEN
- Special education teacher at Winthrop High School and lead singer of the rock band Somerset
Sunday, May 6 — 2PM — MISS BOSTON 2018
- Madison Trimbey Cota, won the 2018 Miss Boston pageant and competed in the 2017 Miss USA pageant as Miss Vermont
* May 5 is Adult Night at the Bee — 18 and older and includes: Pre-Show Reception — 8PM and Performance — 9PM
If you are making a purchase through Amazon…
…why not use Amazon Smile and make a donation to TCS just by shopping?
When you do your shopping through Amazon Smile, they donate a portion of your purchases to Theatre Company of Saugus. Amazon Smile is the same as Amazon, with the same products, and your account and preferences already known. Just a slightly different web address.
When you start shopping on AmazonSmile and activate donating to TCS, you may be asked to identify yourself, and it will tell you that you are donating to TCS.
Click here to link to Amazon Smile.
Help us heighten your theatrical experience for the next 50 years!
TCS is in its 49th season of entertaining theatre goers in and around the North Shore. We produce four to five shows a year covering the spectrum from comedy to tragedy in both classic and more modern portrayals. We do our best to keep our ticket prices affordable and theatre-welcoming to families with the help of local sponsors, advertisers & friends, such as yourself.
People come from all around Boston and the North Shore to both audition for as well as attend our productions. Our membership is diverse, with actors, stage crew, and production staff of all ages; some of whom have been with the company since its conception and others who haven’t entered preschool yet. We welcome all to join our theatre family.
We are truly grateful for our home at the American Legion in Saugus. However, we have identified a need that will improve the audience experience tremendously. Stage configuration varies from show to show, but seating risers will allow audience members to have a better view no matter what the set-up is for the production. Having three rows of progressively raised seats will make for a better theatre-going experience for our patrons.
Our current goal is to raise $3,000 to cover some of the cost for the three sets of risers to provide raised seating for future productions, starting with The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
Won’t you help us achieve our goal, to be able to continue to provide quality and enriching entertainment for the community, by sponsoring the purchase of our new seating risers? We are a certified 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, and your donations are tax-deductible. All donors will be credited in the playbill programs for our show from now through spring 2019. Sponsor benefits include ads in the programs, tickets to shows, and inclusion in our publicity – dependent upon donation level.
We are using a crowdfunding service to make donations easy – YouCaring.
To donate please click here. Thank you for your support!
Tickets are now on sale for our spring 2018 show: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
Book by Rachel Sheinkin, music and lyrics by William Finn, and conceived by Rebecca Feldman. Additional material by Jay Reiss, originally directed on Broadway by James Lapine, and originally produced on Broadway by David Stone, James L. Nederlander, Barbara Whitman, Patrick Catullo, Barrington Stage Company, and Second Stage Theatre.
Performances are Fridays-Sundays, April 27-28-29 and May 4-5-6, 2018. Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM, and Sunday afternoons at 2:00 PM.
One of the performances will be the Adult Night at the Bee. At which naughty words are spelled or misspelled, so admission is only for ages 18 and older. All other performances are appropriate for all ages including children.
Performances take place at the American Legion Post, 44 Taylor Street in Saugus.
See our The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee page for more info about the show – including a full list of the cast.
See our Tickets page to purchase or reserve seats.
See our Directions page for how to get to the venue.
Our February 2018 production is the popular romantic comedy/drama Almost, Maine. Its about a small town in Maine where everyone knows each other.
It truly is a small world. The playwright of Almost, Maine is John Cariani. He is a friend and colleague of Jay Gould, who he has worked with as an actor in New York and on films. Jay Gould is from Saugus, Massachusetts. He was in the Theatre Company of Saugus when he was younger, and is a 1999 graduate of Saugus High School.
John Cariani has sent our cast written and video greetings. And he has provided us with a signed copy of the script of the show.
We are holding a raffle, to be drawn during intermission at the last performance. The first prize is the signed copy of the script of Almost, Maine, plus a show poster signed by the cast. The second prize is a signed poster.
Raffle tickets are $5 each. Or you can get five tickets for only $20. You can purchase raffle tickets at the show, or in advance from cast members, with cash or check. You can also buy raffle tickets online with a credit card, by going to the Tickets page, and clicking on the link to purchase tickets.
We have several work sessions coming up for which we could use your help.
- Saturday 3 February 2018, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. We will continue the cleaning and reorganization of our costumes and props storage room. At Central Storage / 222 Central Street / Saugus, MA 01906. In the upstairs room #372. We will also sort through our scenery in our downstairs room #109, getting stuff ready for the Almost, Maine load-in.
- Monday 5 February 2018, 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Load-In and Set Assembly for Almost, Maine. We will transport set pieces from Central Storage to the American Legion / 44 Taylor Street / Saugus. Then we will assemble the set platforms and flats. Your help is especially needed if you have a truck or van or a car with a roof rack. Bring construction tools.
- Tuesday 6 February and Friday 9 February, 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Continue work on set construction, set painting, and hanging the lights. At the American Legion.
If you would like to volunteer, or have questions, contact us at TCSaugus@gmail.com or 781-816-7019. Thank you!