We still need to fill out a few key roles. We will continue Auditions on Sunday 11 December 2016, starting at 4:00 PM. We will not meet on Thursday 8 December as originally scheduled.
We are especially interested in seeing actors for the two boys’ roles, but all roles are still open. If you need to make an arrangement for another audition time, please contact us at TCSaugus@gmail.com.
We are excited to announce auditions for Lost in Yonkers, the Tony and Pulitzer winning comic drama by Neil Simon. Roles are open for:
- Two males, ranging in age from 30s to 40s
- Three females, two ranging in age from 30s to 40s, and one age 60s and up
- Two boys, ranging in age from 13 to 16
Performances are scheduled for February 17-26, 2017. The location is the new TCS home at the American Legion post in Saugus.
Complete information, including audition requirements, role descriptions, and the link to sign up for an audition slot, are on our Auditions page.
TCS mourns the passing of Stephen R. Walsh, age 83, from Swampscott, on November 30, 2016. Steve played the role of Boris Semyonov-Pishchik in our 2009 production of The Cherry Orchard. He played the lead role of Sganarelle in The Forced Marriage, one of the two short one-act plays in our 2007 production From Moliere with Love. Steve was also in productions with the Winthrop Playmakers, Marblehead Little Theatre, and other local community theatres.
Click here for information about the funeral arrangements.
You are welcome to attend the Town of Saugus Annual Tree Lighting and Festivities. On Friday 2 December 2016, from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM. At the Saugus Town Hall, on Central Street at the corner of Hamilton Street, adjacent to the monument in Saugus Center.
Many fun filled activities for the whole family! All activities free for Saugus residents.
- Preview performance of In / Out – A Mis-Cast Cabaret by Theatre Company of Saugus
- Gingerbread House Decorating Contest (must have pre-registered)
- Story Time (sponsored by the Library)
- Meet and Greet with Santa. Goodie Bags.
- Hot Chocolate and Cookies
- Petting Zoo
- Train Rides (weather permitting)
- Moon Bounce (weather permitting)
- Face Painting
- Hay Rides
Share the Joy! Donate a new unwrapped toy!
We are still in need of a Music Director for our production of Nunsense 2, The Second Coming. The second in our planned series of musical comedies about funny nuns. In April or May 2017. An honorarium is available. To apply for this position, please write to us at TCSaugus@gmail.com. Include your contact information, theatre resume, and a brief statement about why you are interested in this show. We will contact you to schedule an interview with the board.
We are also on the lookout for the technical staff for our upcoming shows, Nunsense 2; and Lost in Yonkers, the Tony and Pulitzer Prize-winning comic drama by Neil Simon, with performances in February 2017, auditions in December 2016. We meed stage managers, and designers for sets, costumes, lighting, etc.
We will hold our holiday season party on Sunday 11 December 2016, starting at 7:0o PM. This is a potluck dinner affair. Bring something to share, either a main dish, a side dish, a dessert, or drinks.
We will also hold our Annual General Membership Meeting. This will be brief, but there are two important items on our agenda that require the review and approval of the membership:
- We will hold our Election for members of the Board of Directors.
- We will discuss and approve the plan for shows in the Next Season, 2017-2018.
The Board of Directors has nine members, with three members elected each year to staggered three-year terms. The people with terms expiring at the end of 2016 are Mary Moffett, Jessica Stockton, and Stacey Wilson. Many thanks to them for their service!
We have nominated one continuing member and two others to fill the open slots:
- Mary Moffett is eligible to serve another term, and is interested in doing so. Mary has served on the board a number of times, and has worked with us for many years behind the scenes and on stage.
- Wes Toma-Lee. Wes has been a very organized stage manager for several of our productions in the past few years.
- Damien LaCount. Damien has been an energetic cast member on stage in two of our shows this year.
Here is our thinking about the shows for the next season. This plan may still be refined or modified by the board of directors before the general meeting. We expect to do four shows, as usual, in addition to our summer youth theatre workshop.
- A Halloween 2017 season show. Our recommendation is Bat Boy, the popular musical about a family that adopts a bat boy, by the same authors as Heathers. The alternate, in case we cannot get the rights, would be The Woman in Black, a mystery thriller play.
- A holiday season 2017 show. Our recommendation is A Charlie Brown Christmas, a one-act musical with a cast of children. This might be paired with a one-act play The Gift of the Magi, with two adults. The alternate would be The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, a one-act play with children and adults.
- A winter season show, in early 2018. We recommend the play Almost, Maine. A popular comedy. The alternate, if we need a second musical in the season, would be The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
- Another Nunsense show in spring 2018, continuing the series. Probably Nunsense Jamboree.
Tickets are now on sale for the Mis-Cast Cabaret! See your favorite musical theatre numbers presented in a whole new way!
There are only two performances, on Saturday and Sunday 3 & 4 December 2016. The Saturday show, at 8:00 PM, has seating in rows. The Sunday show is dinner theatre, starting at 5:30 PM, with seating at tables.
Tickets for Saturday are $18 when purchased in advance online with a credit card, or $20 when paid for at the door with cash or check. Tickets for Sunday are $25 which includes the dinner. For complete info, see our Tickets page.
The venue is the American Legion in Saugus, at 44 Taylor Street. See our Directions page.
For more info about the show, including the cast list, see our Mis-Cast Cabaret page.
There is a brief preview performance of a few of the numbers in the show. As part of the annual town Tree Lighting ceremony. On Friday 2 December 2016. At the Saugus Town Hall in the auditorium on the second floor. Sometime between 5:00 PM and 8:30 PM; the exact time to be announced soon.
Click here for the flyer about the show.
We are now in rehearsal for A Mis-Cast Cabaret, our upcoming musical revue. We need to engage some people to help us out behind the scenes and in the front of house. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at TCSaugus@gmail.com.
The performances of the Mis-Cast Cabaret are on Saturday & Sunday 3 & 4 December 2016. Both shows are in the evening. The Sunday show is with dinner. There is a preview show at the Town Hall in Saugus Center on Friday 2 December. Tech week begins the previous Sunday 27 November, with all sessions in the evening.
- Assistant Stage Manager. Needed starting Monday 28 November. Could come to any or all rehearsals starting now.
- Light Board & Sound Operator. Needed starting Monday 28 November.
- Assistant or Principal Lighting Designer. Needed Sunday 27 November thru Thursday 1 December.
- Set Construction Help. Needed on Sunday 27 November. Also Monday 28 November.
- A Truck with Driver. Needed on Sunday 27 November, late afternoon to early evening, to transport set pieces from storage to the venue. Both locations are just a few blocks from Saugus Center.
- House Manager and Ushers. Needed during performances.
- Concessions and Raffles Sellers. Needed during performances.
- Dinner Service Staff. Needed for the Sunday performance.
- Set Strike Help. In the late evening after the Sunday show we will strike the set and the lights. We will need a truck to transport the set back to storage.