It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play
- Please prepare a monologue, approximately 2-3 minutes in length (it does not need to be memorized).
- Please bring a headshot.
- Sign-up for an audition time using the Sign-Up Genius link.
PLEASE NOTE: The show is presented as a live radio broadcast in 1948, with scripts in hand and live microphones on stands. This production can have a variable number of performers. The average is 6-8, plus a Foley Artist to produce the onstage sound effects. The actors portray (fictional) radio and movie personalities playing the characters of the story (all of these actors will double as various ages and use various character voices). We are looking for male and female performers of varying age ranges – including youth actors.
- Freddie Filmore is the announcer
- Jake Laurents plays George Bailey
- Sally Applewhite plays Mary Hatch
- Lana Sherwood plays Violet
- Harry “Jazzbo” Heywood plays Clarence
- We are also looking for 4 additional performers to play various roles.
AND – we are looking for 3-4 youth actors to play children’s roles who will likely play multiple characters:
- Young George Bailey
- Young Mary Hatch
- Young Violet
- George’s kids (Pete, Zuzu, Janie, and Tommy)
If you have questions about the auditions or would like to help out with the production, please contact us at TCSaugus@gmail.com or 781-816-7019.