Look What I Can Do! From Waaaay Over Here
TCS has been working on possible ways to make the Youth Theatre Workshop (YTW) come to life for our youth actors this summer. Since keeping social distancing rules in place makes a full production next to impossible at the moment – we’ve decided to revisit our youth actor talent show. Participants will let us know at the start of the week what they want to present and they will work on that piece on their own as well as with specific direction from both TCS Coaches – Amanda Allen and Ben Tan.
YTW will only be one week this summer (August 10-14) given the parameters we have to work with at the moment.
* Monday and Friday will be in-person sessions that will each last 3 hours and will be either morning or afternoon sessions depending on the need for multiple sessions in order to keep social distancing in place.
* Additionally, there will be three virtual 2 hour sessions, each one taking place Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. These sessions will include play reading, how to read music, and potentially learning a song that we’ll record.
* There will also be one virtual one-on-one vocal session with Ben Tan.
* And one virtual one-on-one coaching session with Amanda Allen.
* There will be a final Talent Show performance – we are working out the logistics of recording OR having performances take place on Zoom live. (Please see section below about the Talent Show.)
* Audience will be viewing from Zoom or equivalent platform regardless of how the Talent Show is produced.
To make sure that our TCS Staff and our YTW participants stay safe – we are putting numerous protocols in place. Depending upon the number of youth actors we have interested – our in-person sessions will be limited in group size and be broken into morning and afternoon sessions in order to meet social distancing parameters. We are planning on having in-person sessions outside on Monday and Friday at the American Legion. Masks are required to be worn at all times. There will be specific drop-off and pick-up protocols that MUST be followed.
If you are concerned about in-person sessions – please contact us about your child attending virtual sessions only.
If you are interested in having your child participate, but have questions, PLEASE contact us directly via email and ask. We’d love your youth actor to be part of the program. You can reach us at TCSaugus@gmail.com.
TALENT SHOW PORTION OF THE PROGRAM
We are in the process of the best way to present the performance component of the program.
For the moment – please keep Saturday, August 15 available on your calendar. We may be having each youth actor come in on their own so we can record their performance. TCS is still working out all the details – but having that Saturday available is much appreciated.
DEADLINES and PRICING
* Early Bird Special – Register your Youth Actor by end of day Monday, August 3 and pay $125 for the week. No other discounts apply.
* Multiple Youth Actors from the same household – $150 for 1st YA and $100 each additional YA. Register by Saturday, August 8. No other discounts apply.
* Register your Youth Actor by Saturday, August 8 and pay $150 for the week.
* Virtual components only – contact us for pricing and payment options.
* Payment for the week is due at the first in-person session on Monday, August 10 when the Youth Actor is dropped off.
IF we do not have enough participants, we will have to cancel this summer’s program.