We continue our successful series of Workshops on Theatre Skills from last summer. We have some returning presenters and some great new ones.
Plan to put most of the month of July 2015 on your calendar. Specific dates for each workshop subject are shown below. We have recently changed this schedule, so look at it carefully! There are also more complete descriptions of each workshop on other posts on this website. Here is the current schedule:
- Improvisation, with Britt Mitchell. Tuesday 7 July.
- Public Speaking, with Sherri Raftery, M.Ed. Sunday 12 July.
- How to Prepare for a Musical Theatre Audition, Acting with Adam Schuler and Dancing with Kathleen Tringale. Tuesday 14 July.
- Tap Dance for Beginners, with Kathleen Tringale. Thursday 16 July.
- Tap Dance Continued, with Kathleen Tringale. Sunday 19 July. This will start at 3:00 PM. Depending on the progress at the beginning tap dance workshop on July 16, this may either be a continuation of that, or for Intermediate tap dancers, or on other Dancing Styles, or be cancelled. Please watch this space for further developments.
- Dialects, with Adam Schuler, in preparation for Drood. Tuesday 21 July.
- Healthy Singing for Musical Theatre, with Lori L’Italien. Also How to Prepare for a Singing Audition. Thursday 23 July.
Sessions will start at 7:30 PM, unless noted otherwise. There is a $5 fee per person for each session, with a maximum fee of $25 for an individual that attends more than five workshops. Payable with cash or check at the door.
All sessions are at the TCS home at East Saugus United Methodist Church / 85 Chestnut Street / Saugus, Massachusetts 01906. See the Directions page.
Britt Mitchell, Sherri Raftery, and Lori L’Italien return with enhanced versions of the workshops they presented last summer on Improv, Public Speaking, and Singing for Musical Theatre.
Adam Schuler is the director of our fall show, Drood, and his workshops on Acting Auditions and Dialects will prepare you for it. As will the Improv workshop.
Kathleen Tringale is our Choreographer for the upcoming season, so her workshops on Dance Auditions and Tap will prepare you for it.