- The summer Youth Theatre Workshop 2017 will be July 10-14 and 17-22. The show will be Honk Jr. All of the staff will return. We will soon know the location.
- The Halloween 2017 season show. We are considering doing Jack the Ripper, the Whitechapel Musical. We would like to do three weekends, either the last three in October, or the last two in October and the first weekend in Novmber. We are in need of a Director and Musical Director.
- The holiday season 2017 show. This will be A Charlie Brown Christmas, a one-act musical with a cast of children. Performances will be December 1-2-3, 8-9-10, 2017. We are looking for a one-act play to fill out the evening. We are in need of a Director, Choreographer, and Musical Director.
- The winter season show, in early 2018. The play Almost, Maine. A popular comedy about characters in love in the neighboring state of Maine. Performance dates will be February 16-17-18, 23-24-25, 2018. We are in need of a Director.
- Another Nunsense show in spring 2018, continuing the series. Nunsense Jamboree features the funny nuns and country music. Performance dates will be April 27-28-29 and May 4-5-6, 2018. We are in need of a Musical Director and a Choreographer. We have a director.
If you are interested in any of artistic staff positions, please contact us at TCSaugus@gmail.com. Please attach a theatre resume, and a letter indicating which jobs and shows you are interested in. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2017. We will arrange for an interview with our board of directors during May. Thank you!
The Kurnitz family from Yonkers, New York have it out with each other in Neil Simon’s Tony and Pulitzer prize-winning comic drama. In front from left: Sharon Beeler as Grandma, Zack Perry as Arty, Angela Rossi as Bella. In rear: Sean Perry as Louie, Andrew Quinney as Eddie. The Theatre Company of Saugus presents Lost in Yonkers, directed by Ryan Began. Performances on February 17-18-19 and 24-25-26, 2017, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM, and Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM. At the American Legion Post 210 / 44 Taylor Street / Saugus, Massachusetts 01906. For tickets, directions, and information see TCSaugus.org. (Not pictured: James Cormier as Jay, Bridget Conway as Gert. Photo by Larry Segel.)
Click here for an article about the show, by Neil Zolot in the Saugus Advertiser on WickedLocal.com.
Tickets are now on sale for our production of Lost in Yonkers, the comic drama by Neil Simon.
Performances are February 17-18-19 and 24-25-26, 2017. Friday and Saturday evenings at 8:00 PM, with Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM.
Tickets are $23 for adults or $20 for seniors/students/children if purchased at the door, but only $20 or $17 if purchased in advance. Seating is limited.
For complete information about purchasing or reserving seats, see our Tickets page.
The location is the Theatre Company of Saugus home at the American Legion Post 210 / 44 Taylor Street / Saugus, Massachusetts 01906. See our Directions page.
For more info about the show, see our Lost in Yonkers page.
Click here for the flyer.
Tickets are now on sale for the Mis-Cast Cabaret! See your favorite musical theatre numbers presented in a whole new way!
There are only two performances, on Saturday and Sunday 3 & 4 December 2016. The Saturday show, at 8:00 PM, has seating in rows. The Sunday show is dinner theatre, starting at 5:30 PM, with seating at tables.
Tickets for Saturday are $18 when purchased in advance online with a credit card, or $20 when paid for at the door with cash or check. Tickets for Sunday are $25 which includes the dinner. For complete info, see our Tickets page.
The venue is the American Legion in Saugus, at 44 Taylor Street. See our Directions page.
For more info about the show, including the cast list, see our Mis-Cast Cabaret page.
There is a brief preview performance of a few of the numbers in the show. As part of the annual town Tree Lighting ceremony. On Friday 2 December 2016. At the Saugus Town Hall in the auditorium on the second floor. Sometime between 5:00 PM and 8:30 PM; the exact time to be announced soon.
Click here for the flyer about the show.
We are now in rehearsal for A Mis-Cast Cabaret, our upcoming musical revue. We need to engage some people to help us out behind the scenes and in the front of house. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at TCSaugus@gmail.com.
The performances of the Mis-Cast Cabaret are on Saturday & Sunday 3 & 4 December 2016. Both shows are in the evening. The Sunday show is with dinner. There is a preview show at the Town Hall in Saugus Center on Friday 2 December. Tech week begins the previous Sunday 27 November, with all sessions in the evening.
- Assistant Stage Manager. Needed starting Monday 28 November. Could come to any or all rehearsals starting now.
- Light Board & Sound Operator. Needed starting Monday 28 November.
- Assistant or Principal Lighting Designer. Needed Sunday 27 November thru Thursday 1 December.
- Set Construction Help. Needed on Sunday 27 November. Also Monday 28 November.
- A Truck with Driver. Needed on Sunday 27 November, late afternoon to early evening, to transport set pieces from storage to the venue. Both locations are just a few blocks from Saugus Center.
- House Manager and Ushers. Needed during performances.
- Concessions and Raffles Sellers. Needed during performances.
- Dinner Service Staff. Needed for the Sunday performance.
- Set Strike Help. In the late evening after the Sunday show we will strike the set and the lights. We will need a truck to transport the set back to storage.
Theatre Company of Saugus will soon present our Halloween-season production of Heathers the Musical. The new comic thriller musical based on the so very late-1980s movie Heathers.
While there are so very many Heathers in the show, there is limited seating in our venue. Get your tickets now before they are gone! For complete information about purchasing or reserving seats, please visit our Tickets page.
Two of the performances are sold out. There are seats available for all the other shows, and we are offering a discounted price on the two Sunday matinees.
We are offering a four dollar ($4) discount for the two Sunday matinee performances. The discount is taken off the price of up to four (4) seats on an order. To get the discount, you must purchase tickets in advance online with a credit card, before the weekend. To get the discount on Sunday 30 October, you must purchase by Thursday 27 October. Start at our Tickets page. Go to the link to purchase tickets now online. Use this coupon code: SHINE2
For the cast list and more information about the show, please see our Heathers page.
Performances are 21-30 October 2016, Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM, with Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM.
The show will be at a new venue for us, the American Legion hall in Saugus, Massachusetts. Featuring a cash bar with beverages and other refreshments available before the show and during intermission. Please visit our Directions page.
The Youth Theatre Workshop 2016 of the Theatre Company of Saugus will present the popular family musical Seussical, the junior version.
Seussical is based on the popular works of Dr. Seuss, mainly “Horton Hears a Who!”, “Horton Hatches the Egg”, and “Miss Gertrude McFuzz”.
There are three performances, on Friday 15 July 2016 at 7:00 PM; and twice on Saturday 16 July, in the afternoon at 2:00 PM, and in the evening at 7:00 PM.
Tickets are $15 for adults, or $12 for seniors, students, or children. For complete info on purchasing or reserving seats, see our Tickets page.
The location is the Little Theatre at St. John’s Episcopal Church. On Central at the corner of Prospect Street in Saugus, Massachusetts. See our Directions page.
Click here to download the flyer for the show.