The Theatre Company of Saugus is seeking a Technical Instructor for our Summer Youth Theatre Workshop 2013.
- Have a basic knowledge of all aspects of the technical side to putting on a show, including, but not limited to, designing the set, lighting, costumes, props, sound, etc.
- Have some stage management experience, or know and understand the basic duties of a stage manager.
- Have experience working with children.
- With assistance from the production team, assist the youth in designing all elements of the show.
- Teach and guide the youth on how to stage manage a show.
Stipend amount will be based on availability and experience.
The Youth Theatre Workshop runs July 15-19 and 22-26, 2013. From 9 AM until 4 PM Monday thru Friday, although the Technical Instructor will only be responsible for portions of that time, sharing the instructional duties with the music, dance, and acting instructors. Plus performances of Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr., on the evening of Friday 26 July, and the afternoon and evening of Saturday 27 July.
In Saugus, Massachusetts, the first week at Cliftondale Congregational Church, and the second week at East Saugus United Methodist Church. For both locations see our Directions page.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.