We will hold our holiday season party on Sunday 11 December 2016, starting at 7:0o PM. This is a potluck dinner affair. Bring something to share, either a main dish, a side dish, a dessert, or drinks.
We will also hold our Annual General Membership Meeting. This will be brief, but there are two important items on our agenda that require the review and approval of the membership:
- We will hold our Election for members of the Board of Directors.
- We will discuss and approve the plan for shows in the Next Season, 2017-2018.
The Board of Directors has nine members, with three members elected each year to staggered three-year terms. The people with terms expiring at the end of 2016 are Mary Moffett, Jessica Stockton, and Stacey Wilson. Many thanks to them for their service!
We have nominated one continuing member and two others to fill the open slots:
- Mary Moffett is eligible to serve another term, and is interested in doing so. Mary has served on the board a number of times, and has worked with us for many years behind the scenes and on stage.
- Wes Toma-Lee. Wes has been a very organized stage manager for several of our productions in the past few years.
- Damien LaCount. Damien has been an energetic cast member on stage in two of our shows this year.
Here is our thinking about the shows for the next season. This plan may still be refined or modified by the board of directors before the general meeting. We expect to do four shows, as usual, in addition to our summer youth theatre workshop.
- A Halloween 2017 season show. Our recommendation is Bat Boy, the popular musical about a family that adopts a bat boy, by the same authors as Heathers. The alternate, in case we cannot get the rights, would be The Woman in Black, a mystery thriller play.
- A holiday season 2017 show. Our recommendation is A Charlie Brown Christmas, a one-act musical with a cast of children. This might be paired with a one-act play The Gift of the Magi, with two adults. The alternate would be The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, a one-act play with children and adults.
- A winter season show, in early 2018. We recommend the play Almost, Maine. A popular comedy. The alternate, if we need a second musical in the season, would be The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.
- Another Nunsense show in spring 2018, continuing the series. Probably Nunsense Jamboree.