At our Annual General Membership Meeting on 11 December 2016, we approved the plan for the shows that we will present for the next season in 2017-2018. Now we need to find directors, choreographers, and musical directors for these shows.
- We intend to bring a show to the EMACT Festival in June 2017. Probably with a prior public performance in Saugus. We are working on the musical version of 13 Things about Ed Carpolatti. (We have a director and musical director.)
- The next in our series of Youth Theatre Workshops, in July 2017. A junior musical show, to be determined. (We probably have the staff for this.)
- The Halloween 2017 season show. This was going to be Bat Boy, the popular musical about a family that adopts a bat boy, by the same authors as Heathers. But another nearby group is doing this show, so we need to find another, preferably a musical. We are in need of a Director and a Choreographer. We may already have a musical director. (The alternate, if we decide to do a play rather than a musical, would be The Woman in Black, a mystery thriller play.)
- The holiday season 2017 show. This will be A Charlie Brown Christmas, a one-act musical with a cast of children. This might be paired with a one-act play The Gift of the Magi, with two adults. We are in need of Directors, a Choreographer, and a Musical Director. (The alternate would be The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, a one-act play with children and adults.)
- The winter season show, in early 2018. The play Almost, Maine. A popular comedy about characters in love in the neighboring stage of Maine. We are in need of a Director. (The alternate, if we need a second musical in the season, would be The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.)
- Another Nunsense show in spring 2018, continuing the series. Nunsense Jamboree features the funny nuns and country music. We are in need of a Musical Director and a Choreographer. We probably have a director.
We are also at present still in need of a Choreographer for this season’s production of Nunsense 2 in spring 2017. Honorariums are given for the artistic staff positions.
And of course we will need supporting staff for all of these shows: producers, stage managers, set builders, and designers for sets, costumes, lighting, props, etc.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact us at TCSaugus@gmail.com. Please attach a theatre resume, and a letter indicating which jobs and shows you are interested in. We will arrange for an interview with our board of directors. Thank you!