New members were elected to the board of directors at our annual general membership meeting on 11 December 2016. New officers were elected at our board meeting on 27 December 2016. To see the new lineup of officers and board members for 2017, please see our Board Members page. We thank the retiring members of the board for their years of service.
TCS has a number of standing committees that provide the vital service of helping to run the organization. Each committee has at least three members who are on the board of directors, and at least three who are general members. The chair person can be be either, but is often a board member. Committee meetings are held as needed, usually monthly. If you would like to serve on any of the committees, please contact any board member, or send us a message at TCSaugus@gmail.com.
Here is a list of the standing committees. Some of these may be combined, and new committees may be created, as the need arises.
- Finance. Researches and proposes changes to company finances, assisting and overseeing the treasurer.
- Play Reading / Production Scheduling. Researches and reads plays, proposes the plan for the next season (2018-2019).
- Nominating. Creates the slate of candidates for the next board election in November 2017.
- Membership. Maintains the membership list, promotes membership renewal and new memberships. Recommends membership policies.
- Activities. Plans activities for general meetings, workshops, and other company events, other than shows.
- Parliamentary / By-Laws. Ensures that the company is running by its rules and recommends any changes to the by-laws.
- Librarian / Archivist. Organizes records and materials and provides when needed.
- Publicity. Creates and distributes advertisements and news releases, social media announcements, and the website to keep the public informed about shows and events.
- Newsletter. Writes and edits the email newsletter and website posts to keep the membership informed about company shows and events.
- Scholarship. Evaluates the scholarship applications from Saugus High School students and recommends a recipient. Recommends policies about scholarships.
- Fundraising / Community Outreach. Solicits sponsorships, plans and executes fundraising events. Organizes TCS participation with other groups.
- Facilities Management / Building Acquisition. Supervises our relationship with the landlords of our rented rehearsal, performance, and storage locations. Researches alternate housing options.